Don’t you wish you could get workout routine tips from your favorite celebrities? After all, since they can afford to go to all the best classes and often have some of the leading personal trainers, they often seem to be on the forefront of exercise trends.
Well, you may not be able to chat with a celeb face-to-face, but here’s a list of a few of them who have shared their workout routines and fitness tips!
- Miranda Kerr. This supermodel may look like she hits the gym all the time, but she actually gets a lot of her exercise through at-home workouts, either by following a short power-workout DVD or doing long intervals of plank. Of course, she also fits in a more traditional workout three to four times a week for an hour, which includes a balance of muscle-toning and cardio.
- Pia Miller. For Pia, the balance between intense weight-training/cardio with more gentle yoga or pilates is the key to a more efficient workout regimen. As she says, a high-impact workout without proper rest and recovery is sure to leave you feeling run-down instead of energised.
- Jennifer Hawkins. For this runway star, the key is to keep moving. She is all about circuit training and really hard-core cardio, and tends to work out about six days a week (five centered on cardio.) Even when she’s on the road, she makes sure to schedule time to train her abs and obliques. She also does pilates twice a week - the more difficult, the better (crikey!).
- Margot Robbie. As a Hollywood actress, Margot has a routine that you would probably expect: lots of hours of personal training. During her role as Harley Quinn, for example, she trained for three hours a day and workouts centered on intense muscle training reps as well as ballet and pilates.
- Naomi Watts. Unlike some of the others on this list, Naomi takes a more eclectic approach to her fitness routine. For her, it’s more important to find something enjoyable, like exercise dance classes or water sports with her family, that give her a workout while she’s having fun. In addition to that, she does what she loves: running! Finally, she throws in a few sessions of pilates and yoga for muscle toning.
It may surprise you to find out that most of your favorite celebs have exercise routines that are not laid out by some fancy fitness trainer or exercise scientist. For most of them, a balance between weight training, flexibility, and cardio is the most important thing.
Do you train like your favorite celeb? If you follow any of these fitness trends, let Kula Athletic know!